Thursday, September 26, 2013

Autumn Greetings

Thursday, September 26, 2013.
Here we are; Autumn: the gardens are winding down with a mixture of this and that  still trying to put out their beauty. The chrysanthemums are making their show with all their fall colors. I bought a couple of big yellow ones for my porch, just so I could extend the season. 


The roses, sedum, and even a poppy which generally bloom in spring are in blossom. I see Eugene has even tossed in a crab apple to the mixture. You might say this is a fall potpourri, just like all the colors you throw into a Jellyroll quilt that I will show you today. 




This is a Jellyroll quilt, done by Natalie. It is 58" x 74" and was quilted using "King Tut" variegated thread to add that extra color. The pattern on this quilt is called "Goldilocks". It is a lovely  curved pattern that goes well with the colorful strips. This is another great fall project that Natalie has to bind.  











No comments:

Post a Comment