Thursday, August 29, 2013

Glad

Thursday, August 29, 2013
 The gardens are gradually winding down now before the frost hits. The nights are getting colder and it won't be long before we will see the first signs of frost. I know! I hate the thought too, but we must carry on. The gladiolas are now sporting their brilliant colors and they are make a big impact in the garden when all the other plants are slowing down. Exhibitions are starting this week and I can't help but think of all the gladiola  that will be on display there. I have taken the time to submit some of my projects to the exhibition again this year and they will be displayed in the same room as the pretty gladiolas. You see, I can make a connection to quilting and gladiolas right there.  It is time to dig into the quilting stash now and get those projects for the cold winter done. I have been thinking about the new projects that I want to do this year. There are so many! So little time, but if I narrow it down to one at a time, maybe, just maybe it will happen. Why don't you get your projects started and off the ground and have fun while doing it?



Today's quilt is different from what you usually see. The top part of the quilt  is a plain pattern for  about 24 inches The backside of this quilt has two rows of diamonds that fold over the front of the quilt to cover the top part of the front.. This quilt was done by Joanne for her daughter to take to university. It is a "Charm Quilt" and measures 67" x 88". The pattern quilted on this quilt is a meander called "String of Bows" at 8". What a lovely quilt for a young lady. 









2 comments:

  1. Gwenda - today's flowers are gorgeous. LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your glads are "gladyorgious"!!!!!

    ReplyDelete