Monday, May 20, 2013

"I Spy with my little eye!"



May 20,2013- Victoria Day Monday.The purple trilliums are in full bloom in the woods around our house. There was a time when we use to see the white trilliums here but now we have more of the purple variety. Trilliums are native to North America and Asia and are welcomed sights in our New Brunswick forests. It is nice to know that while you are busy weeding and planting in your own garden to achieve that great color that nature has already looked after that in their natural habitat.
Todays quilts are fun,fun, fun. Have you ever played "I Spy With My Little Eye?" This little quilt is a hexagon I Spy quilt. Every hexagon is a different picture for children to find. They get so excited to find a red apple or a blue car. You can include all their favorite characters or numbers and alphabets. This is a great learning tool and also a cheery quilt for that child that 's not well. Marilyn has done a great job on this quilt. It measures 75 x 86, and is quilted in the pattern of 10" Cloud Nine Petite. We chose this pattern so the pictures will stand out clearly for the little one to see.


This is another "I Spy" quilt that I had made up for one of my grandchildren. It was done in a block of four, 4-inch squares together.
There are many ways to arrange your "I Spy" quilt and what great Christmas gifts for you to start now. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment