Thursday, June 6, 2013

Stars under a Spring sky.


Every garden has their star performers and in my spring garden I would say my Aliums and Iris take the spotlight. Below is the start of an alium(Purple Sensation)  just forming its blossom. Eugene has taken a series of pictures of it until it became to a complete flower. I love their big fluffy blooms and although they are not the giant ones they still make a great impact in the garden. These flowers are really loved by the bumblebees and put on a great show.






The large blue Iris are now in bloom. They love to show their star power in my garden as well. The blooms are very light and airy as they blowin the breeze. It seems that June in the garden displays a lot of blue and purple flowers. I have always loved my Iris's and have many different types.





This Iris is the first Iris to bloom in the spring. It is a short compact Iris and is a real star in the garden for appearing first and lasting long.
Lucky Stars
While we are talking about Stars today, let me show you Barb's quilt. This quilt is called "Lucky Stars" and was presented as a Retirement quilt to Barb. Lucky girl! Its a beautiful quilt measuring 60x75 and is quilted in the pattern called "Flowing Feathers" at 7". This is a nice all over pattern for this quilt as you can see below. We enjoy doing these special quilts for our customers and hope that you are enjoying seeing them. Don't forget, dig out those unfinished projects and make them into stars for yourself or someone you love. We are always here to help you complete them the way you like. Until next week enjoy your gardening and quilting and making your own stars.



2 comments:

  1. Oh Gwenda. I love those Aliums. I'm glad to know what the name of them are. I saw some on our street the other day and I love love love them. I will look for some at the garden center so that next year, I'll have some too. Beautiful pictures. Hey, Nice quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your irises are beautiful Gwenda...

    ReplyDelete