Thursday, June 27, 2013

Crazy weather! Crazy Quilt!

June 27, 2013, Monday
June is almost over and we have been having typical Maritime weather, "if you don't like it, wait a minute" and it will change. We were lucky in Charters Settlement and missed much of what our neighbours in Fredericton received this week. Many lost their power, which kept the power commission workers busy. I hope everyone is back on the grid by now. Tuesday was a roaster with all the heat and humidity.Now you know why I say "Crazy weather". The quilting is coming along nicely and I have a authentic Depression year "Crazy Quilt" to show you. The many fabrics I see in this quilt are now reproduction prints that I have been working with. It is nice to see the real thing. This quilt  belongs to Kathy and she thought she would get it out of her closet and make it useful. I stippled this quilt all over with an 8 inch stipple because it made a crazy path and helped to showcase these fabrics. This quilt is 72 x 85 and turned out so soft and cuddly. Bravo to Kathy who now has a completed UFO {unfinished object} that she can now use.




Eugene was watching the thunder storms roll in over our house last night and snapped this picture. As my 7 year old grandson would say the sky is ominous. The weather has beeen great for the gardens, no need for watering. I have an update of my new garden for you today, hasn't it grown. Gwenda has to get out there and get it weeded!

Pictures of my garden, you can see the peonies starting to form. The blue sapphire  flowers below are my perennial sage. I love their color. Until the rain has finished its work, I'll be in the quilting studio catching up. Happy Quilting!Gwenda


No comments:

Post a Comment