Monday, June 3, 2013

Spring Chaos

Monday, June 3,2013
I can't believe that its June. So much to do between gardening and quilting as of late. I put in a good size vegetable garden this year for the first time in years. It was hard to do between all the rain storms, but its in. We'll have to wait and see how that turns out, I will show you it later when things start to come up. The crabapples and the bleeding hearts are almost finished now , and the ground is covered with blossoms. I have most of my annuals in also, so really I haven't done too badly. Later this week, I will be showing you the first of the Iris and Rhododenrons. The garden is forever changing.


Our quilt for today is a lovely big quilt made with an assortment of Bali's. Gail has done a nice job on her quilt and calls it "Organized Chaos", something I can really relate to this time of year. This quilt is 97x98 and is quilted in the pattern called "Ocean Froth". Gail likes to use variegated thread on her quilts and the colors look so nice on this one. The quilt has Dream Wool for the batting so it is sure to be fluffy and warm. Great job Gail and what a great way to use Bali fabric!






2 comments:

  1. Love the gardening tools in the pink rubber boots - very clever. And love the colors in the Organized Chaos quilt as well as the quilting that was chosen. The thread shows very nicely on the backing. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Lucy's comments! Love the boots and tools.
    Organised Chaos is a great name for my sewing room, let alone a quilt, great name!!

    ReplyDelete