Sunday, March 17, 2013

A sweet time of year.

Yes, spring is getting close, we hear and see all sugar makers in full swing. This is an older picture of one of the many trees my father use to tap. We use to make gallons and gallons of maple syrup and I remember fondly the hours spent washing and filling the hundreds of bottles for sale. It was a busy time of year for the whole family. My brothers now run the maple sugar business and dad who is now 95 waits patiently to taste the first run. It has changed so much now with pipeline every where but the hard work is still there. It is just like quilting I suppose, things have changed so with all our great sewing machines and new techniques.

2 comments:

  1. My Dad did syrup every year too, I always miss him even more at this sweet time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me think of the old wool blankets on the beds in the sugar bush cabin. It always smelled of sap vapor cooking off. Yum.

    ReplyDelete