Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May has arrived and so have the swallows.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014
 
The spring Dauphinee is in full bloom now and down on the farm where I grew up the birds are everywhere. The Swallows have returned and Eugene has captured them searching out the many accomodations that is available to them. There are close to a hundred bird houses all over the farm that mark the Christmas tree lots and the birds love them. What a beautiful place to be. The ponds are full many kinds of ducks and pheasants call from the orchards. I love Spring!



 




 


 Today's quilt is a lovely "Tumbling Charm" quilt done by Natalie. It has lovely shades of plum,greens and golds in it. This quilt is 93" x 106" and is quilted in the pattern called " Country" at 10 inches. This is a beautiful big quilt and Natalie does beautiful work. I spend part of my day now between quilting these wonderful quilts and gardening. Both activities are a great way to work with colour. Isn't life sweet. Gwenda Quilts










1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this quilt. What a beautiful arrangement of charms and I love the color choices.

    ReplyDelete