Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Slippery, Slippery, Slippery

Wednesday, January 15, 2014








It has been very slippery around here lately and I'm not the only one who has had to step gingerly when I go outside. These poor deer had a hard job to cross a driveway this week but managed to get going in the end. Oh, the hazards of winter!!!
Our quilt today follows right along with our pictures above. Viola has done a great job on this deer panel quilt. She has offset the panel instead of centering it, a very artistic idea. The quilt is 66"x 69"with a lovely soft "Minke" backing. She selected a 6" bunchberry pattern and it shows up beautifully on the back. Her husband will enjoy this quilt on those long cold winter nights.
Starting in the new year, I am dropping my blogging back to once a week, on Wednesdays. I have found that it was a lot to keep up twice a week. I hope you enjoy it and will keep following me. Keep those quilts coming, happy quilting. Gwenda

.







2 comments:

  1. That poor deer! Glad that I only have 2 legs to manoeuvre. Love the offset idea of the panel, makes a very interesting quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor dear is right! Love the quilting pattern chosen for this quilt. Lucy

    ReplyDelete